We may collect personal information from you where you fill in any forms on our website. We may also collect your information where you make enquiries or correspond with us by phone, email, live chat or otherwise.
The categories of information we may collect about you include your name, address, address history, email address, telephone number, vehicle registration number, bank details, ID documents and, (where you order a vehicle and/or apply for finance through one of our brand websites), your residential status, date of birth and driving licence number.
The purposes for which we use your information and the legal basis under data protection laws on which we rely to do this are as follows:
- It is necessary for the performance of the contract with you or to take steps to enter into it. This includes information that we collect and process:
- in order to enable you to make use of any of our brand websites,
- in connection with a contract concerning connected vehicles;
- where you purchase any service plan or extended warranty; or
- for the purpose of any other services we provide to you through our brand websites or otherwise.
- It is necessary for our legitimate interests or those of a third party such as breakdown or insurance providers, where you have said you would like to receive such services. These include:
- analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your customer experience;
- creating a profile of you to determine what products and services you may be interested in for direct marketing purposes;
- operating our loyalty schemes;
- responding to online enquiries (including but not limited to test drive, brochure, finance quote and book a service enquiries)
- customer satisfaction or market research surveys;
- for product development, statistical analysis market research in order to continually improve the vehicles and/or services that we deliver to you (however you can ask us not to contact you for this purpose at any time);
- marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) e.g. following up on marketing leads, sending you renewal reminders, tailoring marketing communications or sending targeted marketing messages via social media and other third parties;
- advising you about the products and services that we are providing to you in response to a request from you about this
- prevention of fraud and other criminal activities;
- to verify the accuracy of data that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
- to correspond or communicate with you;
- monitoring communications between us (calls, letters, emails and texts) to prevent and detect crime, to protect the security of our communications, systems and procedures, and for quality control and training purposes
- network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access;
- to comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
- assess and improve our service to customers through recordings of any calls with our contact centres;
- providing you with customer service, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints
- for management and audit of our business operations including accounting and analysis of orders placed via our website
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation. This includes when you exercise your legal rights under data protection law, to verify your identity, for the establishment and defence of our legal rights, for activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime, to conduct credit, fraud prevention and anti-money laundering checks and for compliance with our legal and regulatory responsibilities.
More generally speaking, we undertake to collect only the personal data that are necessary for each purpose for which we process your data.
When we send you marketing information, we make sure to send you information that fit your needs or that are really of interest to you. Indeed, thanks to your personal data you provided to us directly or via or one of our partners, or that we collect automatically (when you visit our websites or use our mobile applications), we create a profile of you which allows us to assess and predict as well as possible your personal preferences and/or interests for our products and services. Better knowing you helps us improving your satisfaction.
Where we rely on your consent to process your personal data for the purpose of sending you marketing information, you can withdraw this consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com or writing to us at the following postal address:
Michael Grant Renault
Beach Road, Sandymount
Your information is provided to us voluntarily. However, where you complete a sales enquiry or lead form through one of our brand websites, and do not provide us with required information that we request from you (indicated by a star (*)), we will not be able to proceed with your online enquiry or order.